Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I've been sort of productive lately, knitting a baby legwarmer here, a glovie there. It's the finishing that kills me, I'm so lazy about it. I need to get me some 42-inch circulars.
 I have gotten back into the habit of spinning more yarn. They've been smaller batches of fluff that make for nearly lace-weight yarn. One skein was even 19 wraps per inch. I broke out the seacell I bought in Boulder a few months ago. I blended it with more thrown silk and then some tunis I had dyed grayish. I was nervous about the tunis because it tends to take on a life of its own if I blend it with the wrong thing. It worked fine with the seacell, though, made it a lot smoother to draft. 
I'm going to try to get four more pairs of glovies done by next Tuesday. And maybe that other baby legwarmer.

No comments: