Saturday, July 28, 2012

In theory

Newsletters are supposed to be one of those essential things that artisan folks should have. But you have to have a list of email addresses for that and I don't really, yet. Salesmanship is not my long suit. So to that end I have a bribe for you. Actually it's a bribe and a request. Because I'm also beginning a transition in my dye process that I've been looking forward to for a while now. I'm starting to incorporate natural dye stuffs with my usual low-impact method. I need to test out how colorfast these new dyed fibers are. I could just do that myself; knit up a swatch and wash and otherwise abuse it. But I'd much rather hear from more than just myself on the subject. Here's the deal: I'll be giving a first round of mini skeins away at the Georgetown Horseshoe Market next weekend. The catch is that you have to sign up for the mailing list and you have to promise (cross your heart and kiss your elbow) to give me feedback on how the colors hold up. Any constructive critique would be welcome, really, but what I am especially interested in how the red fiber does. Its "beet" red! You can email me, tweet me, you could even leave it in the comments of this blog. It's feedback I'm after. To make it even more interesting I'll send a discount code your way when you do. Free and discounted yarn for you, feedback and the start of a newsletter list for me-if that sounds like a fair trade I hope I see you in Georgetown!

No comments: