Sunday, February 3, 2013

Click your heels/ you can never go back

I miss my childhood orchard home. The now me totally gets that, but still appreciates the irony. The old (18 year old) me would probably be pretty pissed off that I've been schemeing so hard to get back. Not literally, but my thoughts and plans have been leaning toward the bucolic, the sheepy and the agricultural. The idea of establishing something between the Homestead Wool and Gift Farm and the Fibershed seems like a fantastic five year plan. Okay, maybe four year plan. I don't want to jinx myself. An onslaught of interesting books coming from the Paonia area haven't helped to dissuade me, either. Especially the one that saw the protagonist fly directly over the canyon walls of what was once my (albeit hormonally influenced) personal hell.

 

No comments: