Sunday, December 2, 2012

Monumental architecture


I've decided to release this skein for purchase. Its a huge, beautiful singles skein but I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it until now. I thought about splitting it into skeins of 50 yards and calling it a Sukoshi batch or just keeping it all to myself, but I think it will just be one of those outrageously priced OOAK pieces that show up from time to time. It's (almost) wool free with a touch of camel and yak down for texture. Aside from that its 244 yards of tussah silk and plant-fibered bliss with one crazy mint green silk noil slub for good measure. I keep wishing I wove because I really think that would do it the justice it deserves. Look for it in the etsy shop or at the markets I'll be attending in the next two weekends; the Georegtown Christmas Market and the Firefly Handmade Holiday Market in Boulder

No comments: